Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How's school, stressful and tiring yet a great experience

Hello from your truly~~

Been neglecting my blog alot though i have been telling myself i really need to write more :/
Anyways the week has been very tiring so far(from last week might i add)
With ridiculous assignments *cough*marketing*cough* and UTs its a wonder how i am still able to wake up at 6 and head to school.

Lets see, last week i had 2 UTs, had to rush my marketing assignment (which seriously is just urgh!) and i had a few last minute interviews that were unplanned and totally impromtu.

I think out of the modules i have this semester i find media writing the most tiring/demanding yet rewarding and fun module yet.
Yes it is tiring because like for our graded assignment we are pushed out into the real world of getting our own interviews and pictures. Calling strangers and basicially what normal reporters do.
I secretly wish that my team's article will get chosen so at least when i graduate i have something in my portfolio but i dont know :/
but, I CAN DO THIS! FIGHTING!!

Haha.

So yesterday was a very rushed yet one of the rewarding day i had and one of those days when i went "wow maybe choosing this course was not that bad after all"

I had my marketing presentation earlier in the day  which i can sincerely say i screwed it up big time .But i really give no shit because i did what i could understand and make out of the whole problem statement.

After the presentation that ended nearly at 4pm, i headed off to grab dinner with my teammates/friends before heading to the F1 pit building at 6 to do some interviews and picture taking.

Omg it was an aswesome experience for me. The fact that i was there talking to random people that ranged from parents to students to even foreigners! It was a really exciting experience. Though i am really excited to start my article, i am really shit-ass tired. Like really no joke.

We spent 3 hours at the F1 pit building, only leaving the area around 10pm. Bian and I had to walk over to city hall just to take a bus. By the time i reached home it was near 12. In less than 8 hours upon reaching home, i was heading back to school to attend the lesson where we were supposed to have our information ready to be discussed with out faci.

At that point i wondered what did i do to get this group that rehearses on a tuesday when my lesson falls on a wednesday =_=
However after remembering last night's performances i told myself it was worth it.
To those people who are intending to watch Chingay this year, please DO watch it, i'm sure the many other performances are very interesting (they even have an interesting theme, FIRE IN SNOW) but you guys definately have to watch out for the CDC contingency like really WATCH OUT for them.
It will most definitely bring smiles on your faces.

Okay i shall stop my post here today and post a few pictures i had taken.
These are taken by me and some of the pictures here most likely wont make it into the article cuz they were just random shots. Of course i wont be posting up the pictures i took of them dancing...cuz itz a secret!!! Read the pre-publicity article on the PA website when it is published as it will be written by one of the group from the Media Writing module...till then i will continue to work hard on the article with my team as well :)

GOOD BUM THEN!!



Yes its a pass badge behind my booth house badge >< 

3 of my lovely hardworking Teammates. Blur pictures cause i used the wrong option lolz. 

Taken as the performers were getting ready. Empty benches.

2 of my Team mates acting cute 

Gardens by the bay seen from the pit building site. 

Seats that are not put up yet. 

S-I-N-G-A-P-O-R-E

Calling it a day, everyone is packing up as the light shines on the road. 



P.S I had forgotten to add that i have recently started to play counter strike and getting a bit addicted to it. Its a really great stress relief game. Whats better is the fact that my classmates allows me to play with them although i'm such a noob..but i think im improving each day! i killed one of the good players twice today...i must say crazy jump is my most favorite map...keke...well will post soon again maybe after i finish my article in 2 weeks time :D




No comments: