Saturday, December 8, 2012

music and life.

What's up~~
i've been listening to my chemical romance again and been re-living my old memories.
How did i get into music so much and made it the number one influence in my life?
i think it was because it was the only thing that made me know that i the world is actually moving and has noise.
The fact that i could relate to the song lyrics was also another reason why i started listening and writing my own songs.
However over the years if i were to make a timeline of songs i listen to often, there is a real transition. it is like my music grows as i grow.

I started getting into music when i was 10, after i heard where is the love by black eyed peas and soon after welcome to my life by simple plan. As i was very restricted in my movements when i was young, after school i normally went straight home. someone picked me, i didnt go running along playing in the playground but i bathed and sat in front of the television watching MTV's TRL. that was how i lived most of my primary school and first half of secondary school years. Also, i spent most nights listening to radio, 98.7fm especially. If someone were to let me listen to a song, i could tell them who was the artist and what song it was.

However i think the point of my life music saved me the most was when i was 11. When i was finding myself. i felt that everything was against me ( i still do, but then i just didnt understand why some people just wanna ruin my life) thats when i heard helena on MTV and i fell in love with them. wow, how long has it been since i first heard that song? Bascially after i got into my chemical romance, it was soon followed after by The used, Paramore, avenged sevenfold, Taking back sunday. My shelfs was replaced from pop magazines or the then 'Lime' magazine to alternative press and random guitar magazines (it was still a time when i had no guitar).

At 12 when i was at the bottom and the brink of falling because of family problems and the pressure i felt in taking an exam, i somehow just wanted to fall and never come back. However, music held me back and the year after my darkest year, i got to see my chem live. it was the best feeling ever.
It was my first concert and it was awesome. I can still remember the feeling of attending it. though i could not see them clearly and the sound system was crap i was awesome.

Sometimes i miss listening to the old songs i used to love, some thing about the current music is different. i dont know because most of them are dance hits or its because i have high expectations after my chemical romance. My chem is really a unique band, their songs from life on a murder scene was one of the best albums i have ever heard and one that is really different. I wish to find more bands like them in this current year but i am not sure if i can anymore.

I guess as i said before, as we grow up, our music tastes change. Maybe because my anger and revenge feels have died, however at times when im angry and i hear these songs it calms me down so it still works.
Music is something that will always be there for you when you are down, so if you are going through a hard time like how i did when i was young, lock yourself in the room, listen to music. Find your favorite  who knows it might save you as how my chemical romance saved me.

No comments: